OSOW Insurance Requirements

Updated: May 21

A handful of states require a copy of the certificate of liability insurance (ACORD form) submitted to them before an oversize/overweight permit can be issued.


(login and upload on https://gapros.dot.ga.gov)

Attn: Georgia Department of Public Safety Oversize Permit Unit

59 United Avenue, SE

Atlanta, GA 30316

Persons/companies obtaining permits are required to maintain the following liability coverage for the duration of the permit as required in Code Section 32-6-28(a)(9), O.C.G.A.

For permitted loads whose GVW is less than or equal to 10,000 pounds: Bodily Injury Liability in the amount of $50,000 limit for injury or death per person as a result of any one occurrence, Property Damage Liability in the amount of $50,000 limit for damage to property of others in any one occurrence.

Insurance requirements for Commercial Motor Carriers whose GVW is greater than or equal to 10,0001 pounds shall maintain the following coverage: $1,000,000.00 minimum Property Damage to others in any one occurrence, $300,000.00 minimum for Bodily Injury for each person and $1,000,000.00 Multiple Persons injured per occurrence.


(email it to dotdlageauxpermits@la.gov)

Attn: LA DOTD Truck Permits

P.O. Box 94042

Baton Rouge, LA 70804

***LA account # _______


(fax to 601-359-1664)

Attn: Mississippi Department of Transportation

P.O. Box 1850

Jackson, MS 39215

New Mexico

(upload on https://permits.dot.state.nm.us)

Attn: Motor Transportation Permit Office

P.O. Box 1628

Santa Fe, NM 87504


If you require additional information you may call (614) 351-5551.

OS32 form is required to be on file with the state by the insurance agent.


(e-mail to TDOT.PermitOffice@tn.gov)

Attn: TDOT OS/OW Permit Office

James K Polk Building, Suite 800

505 Deaderick Street

Nashville, TN 37243

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle